If you have played any of the previous games developed by FromSoftware, you must have experience with the developers testing your skill by giving you tough bosses to deal with, so in this guide, we will teach you how to beat Balteus from Armored Core 6.
Balteus is the first significant boss that you have to defeat in Armored Core 6 and can be troublesome for you if you don’t have the right strategy and build for this boss. Now many players have reported that the best way to play against Balteus is the offensive playstyle meaning you always need to fight closer to him and deal as much damage as you can during the fight.
The Tanky Build
So the first build which I recommend you personally is the tank build. In this build, you will go for parts that help you block a vast amount of damage by Balteus whereas you also need to rush into him and deal more damage to him than he ever could to you. So here are the Parts that you need to focus on with this build:
- Generator: Vp20
- FCS: you’ll need the best FCS that helps you in the medium range and close range assist available at that point of the game.
- Legs: if you really wanna tank all that damage you might want to equip these tank legs in this fight.
- Arms: The tankiest one you have at that point of the game.
- Core: The tankiest one you have at that point of the game.
- Head: The tankiest one you have at that point of the game.
- Weapons: The most important and crucial thing in this fight is the weapons, so for the right arm, you need to equip the plasma rifle because it deals a ton of damage and for the left arm, you need to have the laser blade because it’s way easier to hit and deals more damage than the pulse blade.
The Mobility Build
So this is the second build which requires more skill and is harder but is more fun as you have to evade and counter-attack Balteus but keep in mind if you get caught in missiles and take a big amount of damage, you can die so you have to keep dodging his attacks in order to defeat him.
- Right Arm: HI-16 GU-Q1
- Left Arm: HI-32 BU-TT/A
- Right Back/Left Back: Vvc-70VPM
- Head: DF-HD-08-TIAN-QIANG
- Core: BD-011 MELANDER
- Arms: AC-2000 TOOL ARM
- Legs: KASUAR/42Z
- Booster: ALULA/21E
- FCS: FCS-G1/P01
- Generator: AG-J-098 JOSO