Developer Fatshark’s early access beta improvements regarding game stability continue with the Warhammer 40K Darktide 1.08 update. The new update also adds a crafting feature to the game, meaning players can use materials to craft brand-new items.
It’s a good week for Warhammer fans, as some of their favorite games are getting brand-new content. Earlier this week, Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters got a new trailer for its upcoming DLC, and now it’s Darktide’s turn.
Update 1.08 is the latest in a series of fixes from developer Fatshark to the early access beta for its co-op fantasy game. The state that the pre-order beta allows the team to test find new issues and fix them. While the release of Darktide patch 1.07 has put the game on a good trajectory, Fatshark says they’ve made even more progress with this latest release, though they note that there are still a few lingering issues they’ll continue to address.
The focus of the 1.08 patch is new progression and economic features, including the launch of the first part of the game’s crafting system. The Armory Exchange will now offer a small selection of cosmetics for characters and weapons, with more access unlocked as the player levels up. New end-of-round cards will highlight the weapons and actions available to players to improve progression clarity.
Mourningstar’s tech priest, Hadron Omega-7-7, will now spawn in the Shrine of the Omnissiah in the center of the game once you are at trust level four or higher. In addition, the patch introduces the Consecration ability, which allows you to upgrade the level of a weapon or curio.
The team at Fatshark also said they are working hard to improve game balance. One of the main changes in the latest update is the balance of easily dodging dragons and keeping the skill of lighter weapons heavily dependent on dodging. Additionally, Fatshark adds that it monitors the current dodge and tenacity configuration and will continue to improve it until release.
You can read the full patch notes below, which were posted on the game’s official Steam page:
New feature – Crafting
- UI for interacting with the workshop is available.
- Consecrate functionality is available for players.
- Players can earn crafting materials from missions via pickups.
- Hadron’s Workshop as an interaction point is also available.
- Armoury Exchange updated – Character and weapon skins in the store.
Quality of Life
- Added EOR (end-of-round) Cards to show better what you unlock.
- Sire Melk’s Requisitorium should provide better items overall by only having pristine/mastercrafted items.
- Made Zealot’s Penance tier 1 and 2 pants more distinct.
- We’ve added better interfacing for some cases where invalid names are entered during character creation, making it clearer that the chosen name/input is not accepted.
- Fixed unlocalized strings in the settings menu.
- Fixing some localization on some cosmetics items.
- Improved item sorting by rarity – should now consider item rating too (shouldn’t crash now either!).
Fixes and tweaks
- Fixed an instance where players could not use weapon special when ADS with the Lucius Mk III Helbore Lasgun.
- Fixed issues with some audio on the Excise Vault Spireside-13 mission.
- Turned down the light emitted by the Zealot. The Zealot calmed down, and their overly bright aura will serve as a flashlight no longer.
- Fixed it so the Convict Garb no longer clips when having a specific face.
- Fixed an issue with some gloves not looking correct while sprinting.
- Fixed an issue where several of the enemy stagger animations clipped a lot.
- Can now use weapon special when ADS on Headhunter Autoguns and Braced Autoguns.
- Fixed some flickering in some prologue cinematics.
- The camera would jump through geometry when switching between players in spectator mode. Now, it’ll jump between players to remove those unsightly geometry collisions.
- Weirdly, ammo increased indefinitely when reloading during the prologue, which could cause a crash. This was fixed, and you can reload as much as you need.
- Fixed some issues with buffering melee attacks when playing as Ogryn. No attack was triggered when players held the button “too early” in a chain. We have now adjusted this a little to make the overall feel better.
- Better Variety of grunts when pushing multiple enemies. We know you love a good grunt.
- Some voice-over was unintentionally canceled by players placing world markers or using the comms wheel – we fixed that for ya.
- Players can no longer stand on top of the elevator in Chasm Logistratum and render the mission impossible to complete.
- Re-entering an airlock after using it no longer triggers the ‘group up’ VO, as this is no longer the objective.
- Fixed an issue where stacking crit bonuses would break the crit calculation, rendering the weapon unable to crit. Say “crit” one more time…
- Fixed the Force Staff sometimes having a +x% reload speed property – despite not being reloadable. It’s a staff, after all—no need to reload it.
- The Counter fire’ Veteran Feat should now work consistently.
- Fixed an issue with the Accatran Mk VIIa Lasgun, where shots would disappear after traveling around 45 meters / 147.6 feet / 49 yards / 0.0045 Swedish Miles.
- Made some minor tweaks to the minion melee movement.
- Tweaked ranged minions range switch from melee to ranged override when players are kiting them not to occur too close to players.
- Fixed some broken stagger animations for various minions and some sound tweaks.
- Fixed animation on fuel hose NPC character being frozen at the beginning of the level 18 Path of Trust cutscene.
- Prologue cinematic fix for Zolas wound not looking like a wound, but something…else.
- Made some voice-over tweaks so that we always play a line when deploying a health pack or ammo crate.
- Fixed issue causing two, or sometimes fewer, items to appear in the credits store on refresh.
- Improved stability of end-of-round rewards finalizing.
- Setup separate weapon-specific dodge curves for light melee weapons, tune-up separate zealot baseline:
- Setup separate dodge curve for Zealot class, increase baseline dodge distance to 2.75m over 0.4s (was 2.5m over 0.4s).
- Increase dodge slide friction speed threshold to 5.5m/s (from 4.5) – we don’t break down as hard on dodge-sliding.
- Setup weapon specific curves for agile dodge profiles to allow customized behavior:
- For Atrox Tactical Axes and Maccabian Duelling Swords: Custom curve 2.75m over 0.35s with fine-tuned end of curve for chaining.
- For Catachan Mk III Combat Blade: Custom curve 2.9m over 0.35s with fine-tuned end of curve for chaining.