Gourd Seed is an upgrade component in Sekiro that increases the healing gourd capacity. It is a vital resource to gather because death is common in the game. The healing gourd can only be used once at the beginning, but it can be upgraded to 10 charges by collecting 9 Gourd Seeds scattered throughout the map. Each seed adds an additional charge to the healing gourd.
Once you get your hands on a seed, take it to Emma found Dilapidated Temple, who will use it to upgrade your healing capacity. Emma may shift her location to Upper Tower – Kuro’s Room as you advance through the game’s storyline.
Table of Contents
Where Are the Gourd Seeds Located?
1. The first gourd seed you can obtain is after defeating the first mini-boss, “General Naomori Kawarada.” This samurai is near the “Outskirts Wall – Gate Path,” Sculptor’s idol.
2. The second gourd seed also demands the player to fight for it. You must defeat the Chained Ogre near the “Outskirts Wall – Stairway” Sculptor’s Idol. After defeating him, you need to grapple up to the opening in the building and head into the room on the left, where you will find the second gourd seed.
3. The third seed is available in the Battlefield Memorial Mob shop for 1000 Sen after the battle with Gyoubu Oniwa. To find the vendor, the player needs to follow the stairway that from the battlefield and then take a right immediately. Go to the next stairs on the left, and you’ll find your vendor at the top.
4. The fourth gourd seed is easy to acquire as you can find it in a chest rather than fighting a boss or paying a vendor. This chest is in the same room as the “Upper Tower – Antechamber” Sculptor’s Idol.
5. The next gourd seed is purchased from Fujioka, the Info Broker. The soldiers surround this broker, and you must clear the area from soldiers. Once this quest is completed, he will show up at the Dilapidated Temple as a merchant from whom you can buy a gourd seed for 2000 Sen.
Senpou Temple, Mount Kongo
6. The gourd seed can be found at the foot of the infested priest in the first temple building, where three monks are praying in front of the infested priest. Be wary of the attacks, as the infested priest will try to attack you and release crickets if you try to acquire the seed.
7. From “Under-shrine Valley,” Sculptor’s Idol head forward into the valley and take out the first rifleman, and then grapple up to the next branch to take out the second rifleman. From there, progress forward by climbing the wall on the left and taking on the next rifleman that stands in the way. Get to the next rifleman by grappling across the next set of ledges, and you’ll find a wall on your left again. Climb it and reward yourself with the gourd seed in a small hut.
8. Once you get to the Mibu Village idol, head towards the center of the village, where you will find an orange glowing tree with multiple items scattered around its roots, one of them being the gourd seed. Kill the enemies that guard the tree to get there.
9. You will find the last gourd seed in the building with nobles inside, next to the “Palace Grounds” Sculptor’s Idol. If you go into the hallway past the first room, you will find a chest that has the last gourd seed waiting for you.
There you have it, all the essential knowledge you needed to embark on your journey through the lands of Sekiro. Now, armed with this guide, head to the mentioned locations to net these precious seeds and unlock the full potential of your healing gourd.
Can I get gourd seeds from these locations in the new game plus?
No, in the new game cycle, you will net divine grass from these locations because the game allows the healing gourd to be only ten uses per refill.
If I did not defeat General Naomori, how can I get the gourd seed if he is not there anymore?
If you have progressed the game without encountering General Naomori, you can still buy the gourd seed in the offering box next to Hanbei for 2400 Sen. However, you will be able to collect that gourd seed in the new game cycle when you defeat the General.