Recipes are one of the most important aspects of this game, the reason why they play quite a fundamental role in the game is that they aid Link, in regaining Stamina, Recovering Hearts in a battle quickly, and Enhancing Defense.
There are a lot of Recipes in the game, and every recipe has its unique combination of different ingredients found in the Hyrule, Let’s see how to use these combinations to cook different meals that can help you out if the situation gets sticky.
The name of each recipe contains a certain word in its name that represents the status effect that certain recipes would deliver once consumed e.g., if the recipe has
- Hearty: Health Recovery also Temporary Hearts
- Enduring: Stamina Boost
- Energizing: Recovers Stamina
- Sunny: Broken Hearts Get Repaired
- Mighty: Attack Boost
- Tough: Defense Boost
- Hasty: Movement speed Boost
- Sneaky: Stealth Boost
- Sticky: Grip Boost
- Chilly: Heat Resistance Boost
- Spicy: Cold Resistance Boost
- Fireproof: Fire Resistance Boost
- Electro: Shock Resistance Boost
- Warding: Gloom Resistance Boost
- Bright: Results in Glow Effect, to be used in Depths.
- Don’t cook two buff elements together, as that would result in no effect at all of any element.
- Adding an increased amount of the same buff element would increase the status effect.
- The type of ingredient would also result in an improved status effect, for example using Prime meat instead of Raw Meat would result in 7 hearts instead of 4 but you would also need to use more peppers.
Hearty Mushroom Skewer
- Ingredients: 1x – Hearty Truffle/ Big Hearty Truffle
- Status Effect: If the recipe is made with just a Hearty Truffle, The Hearty Mushroom Skewer will restore all the Hearts, also it would provide “1” whole heart, but a temporary one, If Big Hearty Truffle is used all the Hearts will be restored as is as well as “4” temporary hearts will be gained instead of “1”.
- Location: You can find the Hearty Truffle in the caves of Hyrule Field in the West Necluda and near the trees of the Hyrule Forest.
Spicy Pepper Steak
- Ingredients: 1x-Meat combined with 4x-Spicy Pepper
- Status Effect: This meal when cooked would provide a boost in Cold Resistance, when you combine the two things, you would acquire resistance against cold for 10 minutes and 30 seconds,
- Location: You can find spicy peppers, in the Hyrule Field or the Gerudo Desert.
Sunny Veggie Porridge
- Ingredients: You would require Fresh Milk, Hylian Rice, and 1x- Sundelion.
- Status Effect: Upon consuming this meal, you will acquire Gloom Resistance, this meal will refill 5 hearts as well as 3 extra hearts damaged by the Gloom.
- Location: You can find Milk and Hylian Rice at the General Store in the Hateno Village, and the Sundelion can be found on the Sky Islands as well as the Hyrule Fields.
Enduring Fried Wild Greens
- Ingredients: 1x-Endura CarrotI
It is worth noting that you should only use a Single Endura Carrot every meal because adding more than one in a single cook would only lessen the effect rather than increase it.
- Effect: Upon consuming this meal, Stamina will be completely regained as well and 1/3rd bonus stamina wheel will be loaded, additionally 4 hearts will be recovered as well.
- Location: Endura Carrots can be found on Santori Mountain which is near the Usazum Shrine.
Bright Mushroom Skewer
- Ingredients: Brightcap
- Effect: Upon consuming this meal, Link would acquire two minutes of Glow that would help in the depths, additionally One heart will also be restored
Note: For every Brightcap added, the effect would keep on increasing, so increasing the amount would result in an extended duration of Glow and additional hearts.
- Location: Brightcap can be found in plenitude in the Caves and Wells of Hyrule.
Mighty Simmered Fruit
- Ingredients: 5x- Mighty Bananas
- Effect: Upon consuming this meal, Link would get a sudden boost in its Attack Power for 4 minutes, and 5 hearts would replenish, too. The number of bananas also affects the duration, so if a lesser amount of bananas is added, the duration of the boosted power attack would also be shorter.
- Location: You can get Mighty Bananas from the Faron Grasslands forest, if not you can also opt to buy from the Kara Kara Bazaar of the Gerudo Desert.
Tough Mushroom Skewer
- Ingredients: 2-Ironshroom
- Effect: Upon consuming this meal, Link will get about 1 minute and 40 Seconds of Boosted Defense. Hylian Shrooms can be added to this cook to increase the amount of restored health.
- Location: Ironshrooms are located in the Necluda Region and can be found near the trees, you can also get them from the Spore Store which is in the Great Hyrule Forest.
Sneaky Mushroom Skewer
- Ingredients: 5-Silent Shrooms
- Effect: When you consume this meal, you will get 10 Minutes of Boosted Stealth, also your health will start recovering too. Increasing the amount of mushrooms would result in longer stealth duration.
- Location: You can get the Silent Shrooms in the Akala Highlands near rocks. Akala Highlands is in the Forest of West Necluda.
Meaty Rice Balls
- Ingredients: 1x- Meat and 1x-Hylian Rice
- Effect: When you consume this meal, it will grant Link The Cold Weather Attack for 3:30 Minutes.
- Location: You can get Hylian Rice in the area of Rabella Wetlands near the Skyview Tower, Raw Meat can be gathered by Deers and Boars.
These are some of the recipes that would provide Link with an advantage over certain harsh conditions of the Zelda World and its foes and enemies.