Are you wondering whether you can team up with friends on different platforms in Halo Infinite? The Short Answer: Yes! As of 2024, Halo Infinite supports cross-platform play. This feature allows you to enjoy multiplayer matches and campaign co-op with your friends, irrespective of whether they are playing on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, or a Windows PC.
Benefits of Cross-Platform Support:
- Larger Player Base: Cross-platform play merges the player bases from various platforms, resulting in quicker matchmaking and a more dynamic gaming community.
- Play with Friends Anywhere: Connect with friends on any supported platform and revel in the excitement of Halo Infinite together.
- Unified Community: Cross-platform functionality eradicates barriers and cultivates a unified spirit among players from disparate gaming systems. Exchange strategies, gain insights, and build new alliances!
What Does Halo Infinite’s Cross-Platform Include?
- Multiplayer: All multiplayer modes, such as Arena (4v4) and Big Team Battle (12v12), are available for cross-platform play. This enables you to engage in monumental online combat with friends, regardless of the devices they use.
- Campaign Co-op: The campaign’s network co-op allows up to four players to join forces, even when they are on disparate platforms. Venture together across Zeta Halo and unfold the narrative as a team.
Limitations of Halo Infinite’s Cross-Platform Support:
- Console Cross-Progression: Though cross-platform play is enabled, cross-progression is currently confined to Xbox consoles and Windows PC only. This restriction means that unlocked items and achievements will not automatically be shared with platforms such as PlayStation.
- PC-Console Invites: At present, only PC gamers can send party invitations to Xbox players. Conversely, Xbox players do not have the capability to directly invite their PC counterparts into parties.
- Force-enabled: Unfortunately, cross-play is force-fully enabled. You cannot enable to disable it manually. This puts console players at a slight disadvantage.
The team at 343 Industries is consistently working to enhance and broaden the cross-platform capabilities of Halo Infinite. In future updates, we can look forward to improvements addressing current restrictions, such as console cross-progression, and perhaps we will even see cross-platform play extended to additional platforms like PlayStation.