“Placenta” is a unique item in the game called “The Binding of Isaac”. The ability of this item is that it helps the player by slowly healing the character’s health automatically. While playing the game, players can find the Placenta in different ways. Mostly, it is hidden in special rooms known as treasure rooms where you will discover valuable items. It can also be acquired after defeating certain Bosses, as a reward. So, it’s like a little bonus that will help you throughout your adventures in the game.
Having a Placenta with you in-game can come in handy. It’s very useful if you want to take care of your character’s health, helping them recover. This is very crucial while facing difficult situations or adventures in-game. So those who know how to use this item well, it makes the whole game experience even better for them.
- When you get the Placenta, you will get a full Red Heart Container.
- There’s a 50% chance that the character will get back a Half-Red Heart every minute that starts in the game, For example: (00:05:00 – 00:06:00) and so on.
- In Repentance expansion, acquiring the Placenta heals an extra heart.
Below are some Important points about Placenta
- Sometimes, you can acquire this item by defeating polyps.
- The healing can occur many times in one room, so you don’t have to change the rooms for it to work.
- However, in Repentance, the healing does not take place when you’re in a Crawl Space.
- The healing will only work if Isaac has Red Heart Containers or something similar.
- For characters such as, “???”, “The Lost”, “Dark Judas”, “Tainted Bethany”, “Tainted Judas”, and “Tainted Loss”, this item will not work as they don’t have the right kind of health.
Here are some ways the item works well with other things in-game
- With Blood Oath in Repentance DLC, the players can patiently restore their character’s health on each floor by waiting in the starting room.
- If you have Gnawed Leaf, regeneration happens even if your character turns into stone.
- In Repentance DLC, you can use Sanguine Bond for a long time with Placenta’s Regeneration. It also works in standard sacrifice rooms.
- Using Sharp Plug with a lot of patience will allow you to reuse any active item over and over again.