Ancient Hero of Zamor is an Optional boss in Elden Ring that players can defeat while progressing or even after completing the game’s main story. He is an Ice Boss that has the elemental attacks of Frostbite. Getting attacked or Blocking way too many of these attacks can fill up your Frostbite meter, slowing you down and resulting in instant death.
All Locations of Ancient Hero of Zamor
You can find the Ancient Hero of Zamor at the following locations.
- Weeping Evergoal: When you arrive at Weeping Peninsula, continue west to reach the Evergoal. It is a bit different to access compared to others because it requires a Stonesword Key.
- Sainted Hero’s Grave: When you arrive at the Altus Plateau region. You must go to the Rampartside Path Site of Grace and continue on the West side to reach the dungeon.
- Giant-Conquering Hero’s Grave: The last encounter will be on the Mountaintops of the Giants region. You must go to Giants’ Gravepost Site of Grace and continue in the southwest to reach the dungeon.
Ancient Hero of Zamor Statistics
|Weakness||Fire and Lightning|
|Strong VS||Hemorrhage and Frostbite|
|Poison||318 / 416 / 706 / 1163|
|Scarlet Rot||318 / 416 / 706 / 1163|
|Hemorrhage||521 / 811 / 1268|
|Frostbite||1121 / 1578|
|Sleep||231 / 273 / 371 / 661|
Sainted Hero’s Grave
|Poison||329 / 427 / 717 / 1174|
|Scarlet Rot||329 / 427 / 717 / 1174|
|Hemorrhage||539 / 829 / 1286|
|Frostbite||1159 / 1616|
|Sleep||239 / 281 / 379 / 669|
Giant-Conquering Hero’s Grave
|Poison||340 / 438 / 728 / 1185|
|Scarlet Rot||340 / 438 / 728 / 1185|
|Hemorrhage||556 / 846 / 1303|
|Frostbite||1197 / 1654|
|Sleep||247 / 289 / 387 / 677|
Best Tips for Defeating Ancient Hero of Zamor Boss
- The recommended level to beat Ancient Hero of Zamor (Weeping Evergoal) is 30, (Sainted Hero’s Grave) is 60, and (Giant-Conquering Hero’s Grave) is 100.
- The recommended level of your weapon for Weeping Evergoal should be +2; for Sainted Hero’s Grave should be +15; and for Giant-Conquering Hero’s Grave should be +20.
- The Spirit Summons are also unavailable in the Weeping Evergoal fight, but you can summon spirit in Sainted Hero’s Grave and Giant-Conquering Hero’s Grave.
- This boss infuses Frostbite with his sword at the start of the second phase. You can negate Frostbite Damage by eating Flesh consumables.
- At the start of the fight, you can quickly get a couple of heavy hits on him. It will allow you to start a battle with an advantage.
- Using the weaknesses against him is the best strategy for this fight. You can use the Bloodflame Incantation on your Melee Weapon to deal Fire Damage every time you hit.
Ancient Hero of Zamor Attacks and Counter
Ancient Hero of Zamor has a few exclusive attacks in the first phase of the fight. When you enter the arena, run immediately toward him to land a few hits.
Swing Attack is his primary attack, where he immediately swings again when he strikes for the first time. You can parry this attack when you see him swinging his sword for the first time. You can also block, but it isn’t recommended because you will take minor damage, and your Frostbite Meter will fill up on each hit.
He crouches down and spins his sword around for a complete turn. This attack carries on to the 2nd phase of the boss with the Frost enchantment on his sword. You can also block and dodge his attack, and when he stops spinning, you can land a couple of hits.
He jumps in the air and slams his sword on the ground before him. It cannot be parried due to the slam with the sword. Roll on the side or in front when he is coming down to avoid the attack. If you dodge in front, you will get to his back and land a couple of hits.
Hail of Frost
He will put his left hand over his right shoulder and create a hail of Frost around him. This attack carries on to the 2nd phase of the boss as well but with Frost enchantment on its sword. Another crucial thing that you should know is that you cannot backstab this boss for long because he creates a hail around him. If you stay in that area, you will be inflicted with Frostbite, which can lead to instant death.
He kneels and blows an icy wind in front that covers a great distance. This attack carries on to the 2nd phase of the boss as well but with Frost enchantment on its sword. When you see him kneeling, run to the left or right side and stay away from the range of the icy wind. While he is performing the attack, run up to him to land a couple of shots.
Phase 2 – Imbue Frost
Once you have depleted 60% of the Boss’s HP, he will enter Phase 2. He will go back and kneel to enchant his sword with Frost. Now, while he is doing this, you can play aggressively to deplete his HP further.
Note: If you keep hitting the Heavy Attacks after dodging his attacks, you will break his posture, allowing you to land a crucial blow on him.
He kneels to boost himself forward to hit you with a counterclockwise swing attack. Roll as soon as you see the boss striking with his sword.
He jumps in the air and swings his sword upward, then turns it down as he comes downward. It cannot be parried as he will hit you from above. Evade this attack by rolling in either direction. He will stay down for a second when he strikes his sword down, so it is an excellent opening to land your heavy attack on him.
He leaps in the air and swings his sword in all directions. It can be parried to stun the boss and get a crucial hit on him.
He strikes his sword on the ground and pulls out the sword to create a small ice burst. Keep your distance when he performs this attack; otherwise, it inflicts significant frostbite.
He creates an Ice Storm by building up frost magic in his hand, and then he touches the ground to create a storm. The storm will last for a couple of seconds. You need to stay away from the range of the storm, and once it’s over, you can aggress again on him.
How to Beat Ancient Hero of Zamor Boss Easily?
Ancient Hero of Zamor Boss is a Two-Phase Boss with Frostbite elemental damage attacks. Although he does not have many attacks, the Frostbite coating on his weapon can increase his output damage, so you must be careful when you are low on your health.
This boss’s weapon attacks are entirely Parryable. If your Parry game is strong, this battle will be a piece of cake. However, if you feel uncomfortable parrying this boss, you can block and dodge his attacks.
After entering the arena, immediately put on the Incantation on your Melee Weapon and then land a couple of heavy attacks on him. It will inflict Flame damage to him that will deal extra damage. After that, you must play safe and only attack when you find the opening. Bait his attacks to get hits on him, and once you have taken down 45% of his health without taking any hit, you will break his Stance, which will give you the advantage to hit him with a significant blow.
Magic and Ranged Users
For Magic Users, this boss would be straightforward because this boss has a weakness of Magic. You need to stand back and cast your spells on him continuously to deal a decent amount of damage on every hit. It would help to keep your distance to avoid getting hit by him while casting the spells. You must also have at least 3 Flasks of Cerulean Tear to regain your FP when required.
For the Ranged Users, you can use the Flame Sling and Firebone Arrows to deal Fire Damage to the boss from a distance. However, you would still have to be careful in dodging his attacks. Keep an eye on your stamina, and don’t deplete all of your energy in shooting arrows.
Ancient Hero of Zamor Drops
- 5,400 Runes
- Radagon’s Scarseal: Equipping the Radagon’s Scarseal will increase your Vigor, Endurance, Dexterity, and Strength attributes by 3. However, you will also take 10% more damage from the enemies.
Sainted Hero’s Grave
- 20,000 Runes
- Ancient Dragon Knight Kristoff Ashes
Giant-Conquering Hero’s Grave
- 83,000 Runes
- Zamor Curved Sword
- Zamor Mask
- Zamor Armor
- Zamor Bracelets
- Zamor Legwraps