In the earlier versions of Minecraft, the axe was just used to cut down trees, but as new updates came to Minecraft, the developers at Mojang have made it such that it can now be used as a weapon. You can also enchant an axe with multiple proper enchantments, which are discussed in this guide.
Best Axe Enchantments in Minecraft
There are some enchantments that you can or can’t use simultaneously on your axe, and what kind of benefit will it offer on your adventure in your Minecraft world.
- Efficiency is the top-tier enchantment that you can have on your axe. It can help you drastically save time from gathering resources. Efficiency will make your tool break a block faster. There are a total of 5 levels to Efficiency, and It also increases your chance to stun an enemy carrying a shield by 25%
- Unbreaking is also something you must consider when enchanting your axe, as It increases the tool’s lifespan, making it last longer than an ordinary axe. It has only 3 levels, each level increasing 100% in durability of the axe.
- Sharpness This enchantment is related to doing damage to players or mobs. Like Efficiency, it also has 5 levels to enchant your axe. At Level 1, it increases the damage of the Axe by 1 heart and increases the damage of the Axe by half a heart as the level increases. Totaling to 3 hearts worth more damage if you got Sharpness 5 on your axe.
- Bane of Arthropods enchantment increases the damage from 9 to 11.5 damage. It also has 5 levels that can be applied to the axe. At Bane of Arthropods V, it deals 18.5 max damage to the target.
- Smite enchantment will slay creatures like zombie skeletons and wither faster than an ordinary weapon. Smite also has 5 levels.
- Mending is also best to add to any tool. It repairs the tool as the player gains XP points.
You can’t use some enchantments simultaneously with other enchantments on the same tool. Every weapon damage enchantment is mutually exclusive. You can’t use Sharpness or Smite enchantment if the tool has Bane of arthropods already applied to it.