Since its release a year ago, Greylock Studio has continued to support Severed Steel, and now, they’ve decided to give fans a brand new update that will surely keep them satisfied. Starting today, players can install the Rogue Steel update for the game, which adds new content for players to enjoy.
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS with a smooth stunt system, destructible voxel environments, lots of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. Similar to the upcoming Dust & Neon, players can use their abilities to chain together wall runs, jumps, flips, and slides to defeat each enemy. The game’s main protagonist is Steel, an agile one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. The game features no reloading, and players are encouraged to pick up weapons from fallen enemies.
The gameplay is very stylish as players can dodge bullets, jump from walls, slide kick, and throw weapons. Players can punch through thick concrete with .50 rounds or put big holes in things with a hand cannon. The game also features a campaign where players can experience six compact story chapters where they fight against the forces of the infamous mega-corporation called EdenSys.
The game received a pretty good update today, and it’s pretty significant. The new patch includes new content, features, and gameplay improvements. Some of the main things are new weapons, gyro control support, and performance improvements, but undoubtedly the most significant change is the addition of a new game mode. Starting today, players can experience the new Rogue Steel mode.
The new game mode features Rogue-lite elements and tries to incorporate them into Severed Steel. Players can click the Rogue Steel button in the main menu to start the campaign. Each campaign is relatively short and contains ten randomly generated levels. It also features unlockable perks, skins, and more for players.
You can check out the full patch notes below:
- New game mode, Rogue Steel
- 23 new Firefight mutators unlocked through Rogue Steel
- 6 new weapons
- 5 new modified enemy types
- 8 new exclusive Rogue Steel levels
- New Cannon Mode: Cutting Beam
- 10 Character skins to unlock in Rogue Mode
- 15 Cannon skins to unlock in Rogue Mode
- Gyro controls
Balance and QoL changes
- Adjusted NPC hit stun animation to make follow-up headshots easier.
- NPCs no longer stun themselves and each other with explosives.
- Increased VAL mag size and position
- Tweaked Bulldog animations and sounds
- Tweaked Lever Action position
Bug and Performance Fixes
- Optimized explosion performance and audio
- Fix visual glitches when air sliding and looking down
- Fix visual glitches when kicking while falling
- Jumping now makes Steel leave softlock that happens rarely on certain stunt combos