Hello Games has released a new update for their space exploration game, No Man’s Sky, and many fixes are implemented in this new update. Although Hello Games didn’t share the changelog for a while, we recently got the patch notes thanks to the game’s official website.
No Man’s Sky is an action-adventure survival game developed and published by Hello Games. It was published globally in August 2016 for PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows. It eventually made its way to other consoles such as Xbox One, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and even Nintendo Switch. The five pillars of the game are exploration, survival, combat, trading, and base building. While the game was criticized heavily at launch for not living up to expectations, it has since regained its reputation and is regarded as a great adventure game.
As with any game, there are many bugs every time a significant update is released. We saw a similar case with Warzone 2 superman glitch recently, and the same is true for No Man’s Sky’s 4.0 update, which brought a lot of new content to the game. Hello Games has been working on fixing all the issues that have popped up due to the update, as the recent update, 4.6, fixed the games’ Plaque Interactions bug. Other fixes include Journey Milestones not being stuck in a loop and shield strength scaling correctly.
While the new 4.7 update focuses on fixing some issues, it’s almost the end of the year; as a result, the developers are rerunning this year’s expeditions. The expeditions will be held in a reduced format over the holiday season to give people another chance to experience these events and reap the rewards when time is more affordable. The same event happened last year and proved very popular, so it makes sense why it’s returning this year.
The full patch notes are given below via the game’s official blog:
Holiday 2022 Expeditions:
- Expedition 5 (Exobiology): 24th Nov – 8th Dec
- Expedition 6 (Blighted): 8th Dec – 22nd Dec
- Expedition 7 (Leviathan): 22nd Dec – 5th Jan
- Expedition 8 (Polestar): 5th Jan – 18th Jan
- The Exobiology, Blighted, Leviathan and Polestar Expeditions have been recreated as Redux editions.
- Redux expeditions are shorter versions of the primary version of the main expedition, with the same rewards, designed to offer players a chance to gain any rewards they missed from the year’s expeditions.
- The Redux expeditions will run over the holiday period and will be available on all platforms, including Nintendo Switch.
- As well as their previous rewards, Redux expeditions will also award bonus Quicksilver to all platforms.
- Community expeditions now carry a set of minimum difficulty settings, similar to Permadeath mode.
- An “Other” filter has been added to the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion’s shop interface.
- Added additional filtering and ordering options to the list of Expedition rewards found at the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion.
- Fixed an issue that caused the upper half of the mission details UI to occasionally spill out of its box. The entire mission description panel will now adjust its height and scroll as appropriate.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Life Support guide entry to unlock even when the Life Support difficulty setting was disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the glow to be missing when locking on to a marker with the Pulse Drive.
- Fixed an issue that caused the glow around locked-on or tagged markers to occasionally be the wrong shape for that particular marker.
- Fixed an issue that caused fleet debrief markers to be visible while visiting another player’s freighter.
- Fixed an issue that caused an animation glitch on certain cockpit components while in pulse engine flight.
- Fixed an issue that caused supercharged slots to fail to appear in newly-purchased ships until the game had been reloaded.
- Fixed an issue that could cause ship landing gear to appear to be raised while the ship was landed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause your previously owned ship to immediately vanish if exchanging it for another ship at a trade outpost.
- Fixed an issue that could cause your previously owned ship to become uninteractable if exchanging it for a crashed ship.
- Fixed an issue that caused your previously owned ship to be available to reclaim for free after exchanging it with an NPC for their ship.
- Fixed an issue that caused the correct trade-in price to be missing when exchanging a Multi-Tool.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause incorrect text on the subtitle of the exchange button while purchasing ships.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause an extra mission marker to become stuck on the screen during the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that caused the scrollbar to always display on Guide pages, even when scrolling was not needed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Summon Companion” icons to always appear greyed out.
- Fixed an issue that could cause additional or incorrect expedition rendezvous markers to occasionally appear on the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed a collision issue that could allow players to fall out of the Space Anomaly if they jetpacked in a specific location.
- Fixed an issue that made it very difficult to use the Analysis Visor while riding a creature, as the visor would always detected the ridden creature rather than the current target.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Multi-Tools to become immediately fully repaired after a reload.
- Fixed an issue that could cause unfixable damage to become stuck in Multi-Tools.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause the Exosuit Upgrade Chart reminder to appear on screen either after all inventory slots had been unlocked or after already using or discarding the chart.
- Fixed an issue that allowed inventory filters to be clickable underneath the currently active popup.
- Fixed an issue that caused ship maneuverability stats to be missing when comparing an available starship with your current ship.
- Fixed an issue that caused the inventory to always default to opening on the Multi-Tool when starting a new session, even if there was no damaged technology in the current Multi-Tool inventory.
- Broken technology is now highlighted more strongly in red to improve visibility within an inventory.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mission Board to occasionally give the wrong reward instead of the one promised by the UI.
- Fixed an issue that caused some information to be cut off in specific enlarged mission notifications.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Neutron Cannon to fail to register any damage potential to the Multi-Tool UI.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some ship jittering at low speeds when using “locked” mouse controls to pilot the ship.
- Fixed an issue that caused too little salt to be available in particular underwater biomes.
- Fixed an issue that caused too few ferrite dust rocks to be placed on swampy worlds.
- Fixed a visual glitch in the third person character animation when running on slopes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause teleport destinations to fail to add automatically when visiting a base.
- Fixed an issue that could add an invalid freighter teleport destination to be added to the list.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the ship to automatically take off after reloading a save made within a landed ship.
- Fixed an issue that caused a UI mismatch for nanite costs when purchasing blueprints from a planet-based technology merchant.
- Multi-Tools collected from Sentinel Hives are now free, though will have damaged slots that need repairing.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the cinematic black bars from being skipped in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a visual UI glitch when skipping the black bars.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the “No” option from functioning in the new game warning when starting a community expedition as your only save.
- Fixed an issue that prevented autosaving with 1 health pip even when the player is in no immediate danger of dying.
- Fixed an issue that caused some cost details to be missing from NPC dialogue options on the Nintendo Switch.
- The error messaging when unable to play multiplayer because of websocket connection issues has been improved.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to join invite-only groups in particular circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that could cause discovery server disconnections when viewing bases at a teleport terminus.
- Fixed a rare hang when warping to a new galaxy.
- Fixed a rare but consistent crash that could occur when loading a save.
- Fixed an issue that caused some data types to be scrambled for mod authors.