Parrots are feathery little creatures that can be found roaming around the jungle biome in Minecraft. They can imitate the sounds of nearby mobs and can be very useful because they can scare away creepers that may be sneaking up on you from behind.
How to get a Parrot on your shoulder
In order to get the parrot onto your shoulder, you first need to tame it using any type of seeds and then simply walk into the parrot. You can have two parrots sitting on your shoulders at a time.
How to get a Parrot off your shoulder
There are several ways to get your pet parrot off your shoulder, which are mostly quite simple, whether you need to go to a dangerous place or just don’t want to bring it with you. Here is a complete list of all the ways to get a parrot off of you:
1. Drop from a block: This is the simplest and most efficient way to accomplish it. You can fall from one block to a block below, or you can simply jump in place.
2. Take damage: Another simple method is taking any sort of damage, be it damage from any mob, another player, potions, and more.
3. Sleeping in a bed: Going to any bed at night and laying down will cause the bird to fly away.
4. Swimming in water: The parrot should instantly fly off as soon as you come into contact with any water.
5. Being submerged in lava: This method not only causes the parrot to fly off but may also set the bird on fire, potentially causing its demise.
6. Player death: Dying will cause the parrot to fly off every time, but we obviously do not recommend this method as it could cause you to lose your items in the process.
That’s all about how to get rid of your parrots! Despite the fact that there are many methods to accomplish this, the real challenge is to keep your parrot on your shoulders. The best and most effective way to keep them on you is to ride a horse. Doing so will negate all the triggers that would cause the parrot to fly off the player, and the only way to dislodge the parrot would be if the player dies or dismounts the horse.