Three days into the release of the previous patch from Hogwarts Legacy, the developers dropped another patch last night on Friday, 17th February 2023. Hogwarts Legacy is now at version 1.000.004, thanks to the latest patch.
Although the previous patch did a fine job of resolving issues encountered by the Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S, certain issues were left unresolved for the PS5 and PC users. Therefore, the latest patch will address the issues encountered by PS5 and PC players and will improve the overall gameplay performance and stability.
The issues faced by PS5 and PC users were mainly related to the game’s cinematics which included a stability issue while skipping cutscenes and VFX presentation of the robe transformation.
Now with the release of Patch 01.000.004, these issues are in the past. Hogwarts Legacy also faced a few performance-related issues on PS5 that caused the game to crash on consoles on several occasions. The patch will resolve these performance-related issues as well.
The following patch notes provided by the game developers highlight the issues fixed by patch 01.000.004.
- Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to Wizarding World portal after linking
- Added additional retry connections to WB Games server in the event session expired
- Fixed a trophy cap limit resolving the Collector’s Edition trophy not updating correctly. This will retroactively unlock and display all earned trophies earned by the player. This resolves the following reported issues: HL-1191
- Fixed an issue with mail not properly triggering a sequential mission
- Fixed rare crash around certain locations where in-game World Events spawning
- Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world
- Fixed crash with some NPC schedules
- Fixed issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present
- Updated localization text for additional content items
- Added Build version to first time EULA
- Fixed rare occurrence of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly
- Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation
- Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes
- Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics
- Cleaned up autosaves properly when closing game
- Corrected a crash when save system was writing data
- Fixed error of rewriting last autosave slot
- Fixed an issue when restarting from last save around not being able to talk to a vendor after initial conversation. Resolves the following reported issues: HL-412, HL-494, HL-246, HL-1063, HL-590, HL-542, HL-976, HL-965, HL-1158, HL-1184, HL-1089, HL-1240, HL-1031, HL-1490, HL-1433, HL-89, HL-1930, HL-1086, HL-1636, HL-1585, HL-1028, HL-1933, HL-2606, HL-2062, HL-1587, HL-488, HL-498, HL-162, HL-1706, HL-2626, HL-2865, HL-2888, HL-2804, HL-2910, HL-2944, HL-3000, HL-3043, HL-3024
Performance and Stability
- Improved performance on Fidelity mode
- Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map
- Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets
- Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping
- Fixed a rare crash with map assets state
- Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events
- Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system HL-313
- Fixed a crash when trying to solve a Flying Cabinet
PC Steam/PC Epic Games
- Fixed rebuilding of Save Game list if manually deleted.
Performance and Stability
- Improved crash collection to help chase rare crashes.