WB Games Montreal has revealed that they’re currently working on releasing a patch for their newest title, Gotham Knights, for consoles. The upcoming patch will fix the performance issues that have plagued the game since launch, as the patch promises to focus on “framerate stability.” Hopefully, this means the game can run at a stable framerate now; even though it’s locked at 30fps, the game struggles to maintain it.
As stated previously, the developers have released a patch today for the PC version of the game, which aims to fix some of the issues players were facing. These include various keyboard input issues and stability fixes as the developers fixed the “Free the Scientists” S.T.A.R Labs fight and a boss fight in the hospital. The full patch notes are below via WB’s site:
- Invincible enemies playing a “meditating” animation will no longer appear in crimes.
- Various UI issue fixes.
- Fixed issues caused by graphical settings not being applied properly.
- Various localization fixes.
- Fixed various Keyboard/Mouse specific input issues.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing being able to join friends through invites.
- Various crash fixes throughout the title, most notably during the S.T.A.R. Labs “free the scientists” fight and the Harley Quinn Hospital Boss Fight.
- Fixed an AMD specific crash related to shadows.
- There may be some compatibility issues with Nvidia Ansel that we are still investigating for this patch
WB Montreal also stated that they’re also working on bringing a similar patch to consoles and plan to release it by the end of the week. The developers also said they’re working on fixing these issues, so they can start working on a larger patch for the game. Another thing that players hope will be added is a 60fps patch, as Gotham Knights is locked to 30fps on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.